2007/02/11

5miles at an easy pace

I was supposed to run a half-marathon today.
But I still felt mild pain in my right groin and the temperature was 20°F, I decide not to run the race.

I finished all of the NYRR half-marathon grand prix races last year. The grand prix races are composed of five races each of which is held in five boroughs in NYC.
Today's race was the second one after the Manhattan race in January. I did not think I could pursue my PR today however I wanted to run today's race to finish all the race this year. But it was obvious that I should not run considering my condition.

Instead I ran the 5.1mile loop in the Central Park in the afternoon. The temperature was 34° at that time. It was much better.

I ran 5.1 miles in 46'13". The pace was 9'04" per mile.
I would like to run longer and faster. But it was good for today, maybe this month.
I should be recovered from the injury by the end of this month and try to get back to the track from next month.

No comments: